Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I Think I'm Asking Too Much: Or The State Of Public Apathy

I have spent some time reading today.
And a little more thinking about writing poetry
and other things. 
Thinking about how to get people to care about the world around them.  
Or more correctly to get people to SEE the world with eyes that actually see.
Yes to see.  Then to care, and act.
I may be asking too much.
I Know I am asking way too much.
For only when the house around them is a smoldering
husk, will sight become just slightly clearer,
and thinking about acting, a little less fuzzy.
No.
They will just ask, whose fault it was.
Who do we Blame
and walk in circles with no idea of what to do.
For they don't give a thought to what they see,
in the seeing that they do.
They'll just turn their backs and walk away.
Thinking someone else will 
see 
and 
do.

By  Douglas John Loudon

No comments: